Saturday, October 22, 2011

My New Haircut

The first floor retail space in my apartment building has not one, but two beauty salons.  Salon's in Beijing are not only abundant but also particularly quite annoying.  First, they insist on blasting horrendous pop music out onto the street, which I can hear even in my 14th floor apartment.  What's more, they seem to only have one album that they keep on loop.  It's literally the modern Chinese water torture.  And as if all that weren't enough, several times daily, the entire staff of both shops engage in a coordinated dance while shouting phrases like: "I love my job!" and "I love my country!" ~ 我爱我的工作 我爱我的国家 ~ Meanwhile, they're not only not working but also clogging up the sidewalk so that nobody can get by.  Frustrating, to say the least.  However, I must say, they are a super deal: wash & rinse, head & neck massage, cut & dry, style & spray all for only $6!  Yes, you read correctly.  No, I did not forget a 0. 太棒了!

No comments: